Families/Professionals often inquire about a Consultation for the following reasons:
- To address behaviors or recent changes in child’s emotional or behavioral state.
- Second opinions on current psychological treatment / treatment planning.
- Second opinions on diagnosis and symptoms.
- To speak to a professional for guidance on parenting, decision making (move, divorce, school placement, etc.).
- Other professionals (pediatricians, psychiatrists, neurologists and even psychologists) often refer families to our office to get a second opinion on a complex issue.
- Schools often refer to our office for guidance on handling school matters that affect their students/staff emotionally (death, trauma, accident, etc.).
- Work with families of children who have developmental issues and need guidance on multidisciplinary services.