In reopening our doors, Pediatric Psychology Associates will be following guidelines provided by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in order to ensure everyone’s safety. The following planned steps will be vigilantly implemented and monitored.
Screening as a key strategy to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission in a facility:
- No one who has contracted COVID-19 or who has a member of their household diagnosed with COVID-19 can enter the facility without a note from a physician indicating resolution of the illness sufficient to guarantee safety.
- Anyone with symptoms of any kind must remain home until they are symptom-free for 48 hours. This includes symptoms that are presumed to be caused by allergies or other benign processes.
- Signage will be placed at our various locations’ entrances to alert visitors not to enter if they are sick or have symptoms such as cough, sneezing, sore throat, fever, or shortness of breath.
- All visitors and staff must wear a mask at PPA offices. If you have recently been exposed to COVID-19 or have cold or flu-like symptoms make sure to contact our office to either conduct your session via telehealth or reschedule. We have a thermometer available on site for temperature checks, as needed.
- We reserve the right to send anyone (patients or staff) home if they are suspected to be sick.
- All therapists will wash hands or use hand sanitizer before and after each patient encounter.
- Front office staff members will wash hands or use hand sanitizer once per hour or more often if needed.
- Front office staff will wear face masks/shields. Visitors will be required to wear face masks to enter and exit our offices.
- Safety protocols will be discussed with patients as appointments are made. Patients will be advised that if they become ill prior to visit, they need to postpone the visit.
- All patients and staff/therapists must wear a mask when in shared space in the office. Continued use of masks in the treatment room will be left to the discretion of therapist and patient.
- Testing will be conducted with the use of a plexiglass screen placed between examiner and patient.
- Patient and staff contact will be reduced by means of electronic communication.
- Patients will be billed by credit card and appointments will be made and modified by phone/email whenever possible to avoid unnecessary exposure.
Social distancing measures:
- Furniture in therapy rooms will be positioned to guarantee at least 6 feet of space between therapist and patient. During any form of therapy that requires less than 6 feet distance, both therapist and patient must wear a face mask/shield.
- Telehealth visits will be used in favor of in-person visits as often as possible.
- Use of the waiting room will be minimized. Patients in the waiting room must wear a mask and practice social distancing of 6 feet of space.
- Walk-in appointments will be directed to contact us by phone/email.
- Plexiglass dividers will be placed at customer service counters.
- Appointment times will be staggered to limit the number of patients in the office at any one time during this initial re-opening phase. This also allows time for sanitizing between patients.
- Patients that need to be accompanied will be allowed only one companion and only if necessary.
Infection control and disinfection practices:
- Public spaces and frequently touched surfaces/objects will be sanitized before and after each patient using EPA-approved emerging pathogen sanitizers.
- Staff will use gloves while cleaning.
- EPA-approved hand sanitizers will be made widely available to patients and staff.
- EPA-approved air filtration devices will be operational in common areas and treatment rooms when they are in use.
If you have any additional questions about our procedures, please let us know.